Brief Description: The SdKfz 234 is an advanced eight-wheel heavy armored car (Schwerer Panzerspähwagen). It mixes good speed, sloped armor for light protection, and its 5cm main gun is effective against light vehicles and tanks.
Deployment Conditions: Mechanized Regiment Headquarters must be built
Deployed From: Mechanized Regiment Headquarters
Aimed Shot: The Puma gunner benefits from the accuracy of his 5cm KwK 39 main gun.
Smoke Screen: Launches a smoke screen in front of itself, blocking all line of sight in the area.
- Rank 1: Unlocks the ‘Aimed Shot’ veteran ability, which is highly accurate and will temporarily disable the turret rotation of enemy tanks.
- Rank 2: Advanced vehicle training improves weapon accuracy and rate of fire.
- Rank 3: Battle hardened crews improve vehicle mobility and weapon potency.
- Rank 4: Skilled crews extend the effective firing range of the Puma.
- Rank 5: Tracking Vision, enemy units can be spotted behind line of sight blockers.
Known as the ‘Puma’, the SdKfz 234 is an eight-wheeled armoured reconnaissance vehicle. Its light armour allowed it to be fast and agile, a threat to both the Allied light vehicles and lighter tanks in numbers the Puma can even threaten heavy armour. Unlike other German armoured cars the SdKfz 234 was designed to offer an offensive threat, akin more to a tank than to that of an armoured car.
In the field the Puma proved its worth as a armed reconnaissance vehicle. With its improved frontal armour and formidable 5cm KwK 30 main gun it can transverse into contested areas.
The Puma is a solid mid-game choice, capable of wrecking havoc on opponents who have not yet built armour. It is also capable of countering US Forces or Soviet early armour. However its light armour leaves it vulnerable to anti-vehicle counter measures.